We invite all SASH partners and community members to submit relevant calendar events. Please click “Add Event” below, and we will review and publish your submission within two business days.
In addition, a list of upcoming professional-development training opportunities in Vermont, as well as ongoing SASH training webinars, can be found on the SASH forum here (Scroll to “TRAININGS: Trainings, Webinar Registrations, Independent Study”).
- 1616.July.SundayNo events
- 1717.July.MondayNo events
The rallying cry has sounded! It’s time to gather up friends, family, teams and colleagues for MINDwalk 2017!
We have so much to tell you about what’s going on this year, and we’d really like to help you lead a new Team for 2017! What to do:
- Registration is open! Register Today for the Walk!
- RSVP for the MINDwalk Kick-off, Friday July 28th
Building Dementia Capable Communities: An Orange County, North Carolina Case Studywebinarhttp://www.asaging.org/web-seminars/building-dementia-capable-communities-orange-county-nc-case-study
This National Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center webinar will focus on Orange County Department on Aging’s OC CARES (Caregiver Awareness Respite Education and Support) project, which is designed to create a dementia-capable (and friendly) community in Orange County, NC. In this webinar the presenters will share the core components of what makes a community dementia capable, and how Orange County is addressing each of the components at the individual, organizational and community levels. With an emphasis on community level engagement, this case-study webinar will describe programs implemented over the past year and a half, as well as challenges experienced.
· List core elements required of a dementia friendly/capable community;
· Understand that each community’s needs are unique, and that the application of these core elements will take a different trial-and-error path for each; and,
· Acknowledge that community-level education needs to be provided in a variety of formats for different target populations.
Additional information about this webinar and the registration link can be found here:
For this webinar series, the Administration for Community Living’s National Alzheimer’s and Dementia Resource Center has partnered with the American Society on Aging.
Please note, complimentary CEUs are available through this webinar. In addition, the webinar will be recorded and available for viewing at nadrc.acl.gov.
- 2020.July.ThursdayNo events
- 2121.July.FridayNo events
- 2222.July.SaturdayNo events