SASH Pilot Proposed in Los Angeles County
SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT -- Former Cathedral Square CEO Nancy Eldridge formed the National Well Home Network in 2017 to bring together, amplify, and expand the work of housing-based service models at affordable nonprofit housing organizations. “Given the extensive and complex needs of our aging population, proven interventions like these are essential to delivering better care, smarter spending, and healthier people," shared Eldridge of her hope to support the expansion of SASH to other states.
To this end, Eldridge has been working with California Integrated Care at Home (CICH) to bring the SASH model to California. We recently had the opportunity to host representatives from various organizations in California who are planning to pilot SASH in Los Angeles County. We highlighted the SASH model by bringing in the perspectives of SASH staff, participants and partners to speak to how SASH really operates and the true impact SASH makes on people's lives.
California Integrated Care at Home (CICH) proposes to adapt and implement a proven, evidence-based health and social care model to significantly increase the ability of older adults in California to age with dignity in their own homes and communities. Using low-income senior housing as care hubs, the CICH model will be adapted from Vermont’s SASH® model for the diverse communities of Los Angeles County.
We will continue to share updates as this initiative progresses!
LeadingAge California (Sacramento, CA):
- Meghan Rose, JD, General Counsel and Chief Government Affairs Officer
- Marina Servantez, Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Social Impact Initiatives
- Harrison Linder, Assistant Director of Housing Policy
UCLA Ziman Center for Real Estate, Anderson School of Management (Los Angeles, CA):
- Christina Green, MBA, MPH, Assistant Director of Budget and Finance, Program Director Housing as Health Care Initiative
Valon Consulting (Los Angeles, CA):
- Ayako Utsumi, MPH, Founder of affordable housing development consulting firm with expertise in public health
Retirement Housing Foundation (Los Angeles, CA):
- Stephanie Titus, MBA, CFRE, Chief Strategy Officer & VP of Philanthropy
Health Management Associates (Baltimore, MD):
- Maddy Shea, PhD, Principal
National Well Home Network (Burlington, VT):
- Nancy Eldridge, Executive Director